Website User Agreement
Copyright ©2009 Beaufort County Library
A Department of Beaufort County Government
The Bluffton Historical Preservation Society was established, in 1981 to protect, preserve and promote the cultural heritage and history of St. Luke’s Parish (est. 1767) through education, marketing, hands-on preservation of buildings and sites, maintenance of an historical archive and operation of the Heyward House Historic Center. In 1998, the Bluffton Historical Preservation Society purchased the Heyward House. Their Caldwell Archive is one of the largest collections of archival resource materials in the state.